Sunday, September 30, 2012

I Cant Act Nude- Jackie Appiah


In 2001, when Ghanaian beauty and screen diva, Jackie Appiah decided to start a career in the make-believe world, little did the sexy mother of one know she would be celebrated not only in Ghana but also in Nigeria
In her words: “It has not been easy but I remain highly committed to the work and try as much as possible to give my best so the fans can appreciate whatever I do.......

.
Though she wouldn’t want to say anything about her husband or son, she said that her family is so close and caring that she can’t stop loving them.
“My family gives me all the encouragement I need in all my endeavours and they’ve been very understanding and supportive throughout the years. My family is always there when I need them; my husband and son are very close and dear to me and we are coping very well by the special grace of God,” was her terse reply.  Jackie, who attended Faith Montessori and Alvad College in Ghana, repeatedly said that she would not give any room for acting nude as it does not tally with her God-fearing background.
“I can’t do that, you know there are some films you do that you have to make love or something like that, but I won’t act nude, I can’t just do that. I come from a God-fearing family and I can’t do that. I can’t expose myself to the whole world even with a beautiful body I don’t want that,” she said emphatically.
Jackie, who maintained that she is a shy individual but turns another individual when she is on before the camera said she feels so much at home with her Nigerian counterparts because they all take her like a sister. “I’m a shy person but once the cameras roll and the director says action, then a whole different being comes in and that is the Jackie Appiah that people see on the screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment